Flood Recovery Framework activated for Storm Henk
Households who have been hit by floods can apply for funds to help them recover.
Communities in Lincolnshire who have been affected by Storm Henk can apply for government funding to help with recovery costs.
The recent storm impacted several areas across Lincolnshire and, with some remaining standing water and a drop in temperatures, cautious driving is advised in case of any frozen roads.
For those who experienced exceptional localised flooding as a result of Storm Henk, the financial support has been announced by the Government and applications are made under the Flood Recovery Framework.
Full details are here on the gov.uk website and, according to the website, help is available for:
- Flooded households in eligible affected areas, who can apply for up to £500 cash to help with immediate costs.
- Households and businesses significantly affected, who will be eligible for 100% council tax and business rates relief for at least 3 months.
- Small-to-medium sized businesses in eligible affected areas, who can apply for up to £2,500 from the Business Recovery Grant to help them return quickly to business as usual.
- Eligible flood-hit property owners, who can apply for up to £5,000 to help make their homes and businesses more resilient to future flooding via the Property Flood Resilience Repair Grant Scheme.
- Farmers who have suffered uninsurable damage to their land will be able to apply for grants of up to £25,000 through the Farming Recovery Fund towards repair and reinstatement costs for farmers adversely affected by exceptional flooding.
Please note, any funding needed to help with Storm Babet recovery costs is through a separate funding stream so if your property has been affected by both storms, you would need to apply for two separate lots of funding.
Please visit the Government website for more information: Government payments for communities affected by flooding - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
The weather forecasts predict no significant rainfall over the next few days but will continue to be monitored. Icy roads are a concern in the event that standing water freezes, so motorists are advised to take caution when travelling around the county.
If roads are closed, we are asking drivers to please follow directions on local signage and to drive to the conditions, remember your stopping distances, and leave plenty of room between you and the vehicles ahead. Also allow plenty of time for travel to and from your destination.
If you have been flooded please follow our advice and guidance, and please ensure that you have reported this. These reports help us to understand where the issues are and focus our resources.
To report flooding please use the following channels:
- For internal flooding (inside a property) use Lincolnshire County Council’s dedicated 24-hour flood reporting line on 01522 782082.
For external flooding report on Fix My Street