Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue firework information
Please treat this guidance note as additional safety information. Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue believes thefollowing guidelines to be best practice, but we advise that you read the instruction label on each fireworkcarefully as well, before firing.
- Never smoke when handling
- Do not leave the fireworks unattended at any time
- Unpack the fireworks in a safe place away from naked flames and easily inflammable material. Remove all packing material from the firing area.
- Remove all packing material from the firing area
- Read all instructions on each firework and follow them carefully
- Keep devices, such as rocket firing racks and set pieces three metres (10 feet) apart to help avoid ignition by stray sparks
- Never fire across or over the spectators
- Aim or angle aerial fireworks 5 to 10 degrees from the vertical away from spectators so that debris and rocket sticks fall clear and into the fall out zone
- Do not drink alcohol before setting off fireworks – carelessness can lead to accidents